History

History

1946 - The Maag brothers, Bruno, Hans and Klaus, established the company MAAG Gebr. in Zurich Switzerland as a general partnership more than 70 years ago. The aim was to produce fully automatic envelope sealing machines.
 
1947 -  The company entered into an agreement with Swiss postal administration for the development of a high   throughput  ENVELOPE SEALING MACHINE for all Swiss Postal Offices. The first prototype has sealed 36'000 envelopes "C6" per hour without any problems. This convinced the customer to place the first large order.
 
1972 -  To meet the increasing demand for such machines, the company has been moved from Zurich to   Adliswil. Since 1972 the company is located in this property of the late mechanic silk weaving mill Adliswil, which was founded 1862. The production of high quality silk fabrics was giving up in 1936. The formerly biggest silk weaving mill of Switzerland had more than 1'300 employees which was a quarter of the population of Adliswil. The development of this community has been affected by MSA at that time. The new premises ensured an efficient production and assembling which meet the quality and safety standards of the leading ENVELOPE SEALING MACHINE distributed under the registered Trade Mark "MERCURE".
 
2014 -  Hans E. Maag takes over the management of the company Maag Brothers. He replaces Bruno Maag senior who retired after more than 50 years. Hans E. Maag renames the company to “MAAG MERCURE”.

2016 -  Change of corporate form to incorporate company (MAAG MERCURE PLC).